Survival Guide to Homelessness

No matter where you go, there you are.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Personal Update

Hi friends,

You've asked about me repeatedly, for months now, and I have ignored your pleas for an update. I'm sorry. I've been under severe stress trying to maintain my family and finances, the kind of stress that homelessness allows you to avoid, but my family gives me a great deal in return. I'm in a scramble for money all the time, but frankly, I've never been a beggar, and this blog was starting to make me feel like one, so I took the Paypal links out and invested my energies in other ways. I am afraid I don't think this book idea is ever going to happen, so I need to find other employment.

That isn't to say that I am abandoning the blog entirely. It is often on my mind, and I have a few new ideas. Regular posting hasn't been something I am willing to do just now, though.

Thank you to all who've shown concern for me. I'm sorry I haven't responded. I've been a bit depressed.

3 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger mnuez said...

Oh man, I was sorta hoping that you were now way out of the problems and were into financial security. Then again, for the sake of the rest of us, I spose we're better off knowing that you're still just like the rest of us. But I hope not for long.

Your blog is an Exceedingly important one and your book truly ought to happen. And when it does, lemme know and I'll buy it.

So far as employment is concerned, your own words of wisdom are the wisest: Keep your expenses sickeningly low and save up all that you've got so that you're not just out of the deepest part of the hole but on your way further and further into safety-vile. And get a job, ey? Any job. Just start making some money.

And of course, spend certain set hours each day writing.

And if you're looking for some regular moral support, helping you through your steps to amazing success, maybe we oughtta speak. Not that I'm a coach for hire or anything but I'd be happy to help yuou keep your feet within the boundries until you've won your race.

Cheers,

mnuez

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Hi,
I thought your first few posts were really insightful and interesting, and I've been waiting for you to get back online.

And now, we've just had a crisis that will leave thousands of people homeless or in inadequate shelters for months. If you have the time, it would be great to hear you comment on this
I'm glad you're still around but sorry that you are stressed.
Amy

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Hi,
I thought your first few posts were really insightful and interesting, and I've been waiting for you to get back online.

And now, we've just had a crisis that will leave thousands of people homeless or in inadequate shelters for months. If you have the time, it would be great to hear you comment on this
I'm glad you're still around but sorry that you are stressed.
Amy

 

Post a Comment