Survival Guide to Homelessness

No matter where you go, there you are.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Simple Stuff

Keep identity documents, car registration and insurance card, and any credit and bank cards in a card wallet separate from your cash wallet or purse. This hardly needs explanation. It's a bad idea to lose both cash and identity at the same time. Carry the card wallet in a front pocket in your jeans or slacks. Front pockets are difficult to pick, not impossible, but difficult.

If you haven't joined AAA (the automobile club), do so. They will get you out of a lot of jams. They'll give you a jump. They'll open your door if you lock your keys in. They'll tow you off the freeway. Good stuff. Oh yes, they will also copy your car key for you in plastic and embed the fake key in a credit card frame. Perfect for tucking into that card wallet.

1 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Woolfey said...

Perfect ... Sometimes the most obvious things get missed when dealing with others. I am reasonably mechanically inclined. But My wife worries a lot about her long drive to her job. I think one of the first things we'll do after the next paycheck is renew Our triple A membership. I always used to tell folks that they could justify it by merely the amount of money you could save just on Movie tickets. I had forgotten my own advice. Not that we are seeing many movies lately. Now that I think of it, I have heard tales of more affordable car insurance being offered by AAA as well. I actually even split up my Id's as well . And try to avoid the use of my debit/credit cards. But I got some of them. I had not heard of the Plastic key deal. But I have used the Trip tix option a number of times. The trip Planner service. Used it a couple times when I was delivering trucks for folks.

 

Post a Comment